Friday, January 23, 2009

New News

I have some new news...no, we are NOT expecting, but thanks for asking! I have another show! Yup! I got a call from my producer who said, "Would you like to co-host another show?" I think my answer was profound. It was something like, "um...duh.." I was asked to host a gospel show called Singing Southern Style. Now, I'm not a big fan of southern Gospel, but I AM a big fan of Christ and this music points right to Him...and THAT'S what I want to be a part of. This show will be airing on ION Television starting in mid February. Just to let you know, ION is also the station that our home improvement show, Remodeling: Case by Case, will be airing on hopefully mid April or so. I asked my producer if it was a conflict of interest to have two shows on the same TV network. He said, "It doesn't bother me if it doesn't bother you." It doesn't bother me. My co-host is a man named Don Elrod and he has been in the radio, music, and tv industry for 40 years. He is amazing and I have so much to learn from him. My role is to help introduce music videos...a VJ if you will...It was really neat to sit down with my producer and Don and pin point my exact role for the show. My job is to connect the viewer at home with the music being played. I do that by bringing the spiritual nature of the song in connection with their own life. I get to be on tv AND talk about the Lord...yipee! This is really a rich environment for me to be in and I can't wait to see how God uses it. It will be airing on Sunday's at 5;30 pm. I'll let you know the start date and you can tune it...even if you are not crazy about southern gospel, He's crazy about you!

No comments: