Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Weddings, Weddings, and more Weddings...






It's been the season for weddings around here and Ryleigh has been in the action! At her school, the letters Q and U got married to form the blend "Qu". Ryleigh was chosen to be the flower girl and boy was she excited! She got all dressed up and I put the porcelain headpiece that I wore in my wedding on her...what a moment! So, now Q & U are legally united! Then, Ryleigh was the JR. Bridesmaid in the wedding of Lindsey's second cousin Justin. She looked so beautiful in her dress (the dress, by the way, cost as much as my first car). It was all a bit costly but I reminded Lindsey that we were not paying for a dress, shoes and such, we were paying for an amazing experience that she will never forget. With that said, Lindsey was all on board...that is...until he saw the boy Ryleigh had to walk the aisle with. He was 10 and REALLY liked Ryleigh. Lindsey had to basically tell the putz to hit the road and leave his daughter alone! It has already started...I think I'll be carrying a loaded gun from now on...Anyway, the "weddings" were fun but it sure reminded me of how quickly time flies and how we need to cherish every moment because all too soon, there will be another wedding, this time it will be one of ours...

No comments: