Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A WHOLE YEAR ALREADY?











I can't believe it has been a whole year since Garrison arrived! His birthday was October 30th! We celebrated on November 1st which was exactly one year to the day we brought him home from the hospital. His birthday party was fun - I made him a baseball cake and he had his own cupcake to tear into. I've never made a round cake before and I will tell you that "round" was relative when it came to my cake. Good thing is that Garrison didn't care. I was anxious to see what he did to the cupcake. He has a little of his mom in him and he picked that cupcake right up and put it to his face. It's hard to believe that his birthday came and went and I'll never be able to sing "Happy first birthday" again. Where did the time go? Oh yeah, just look at the wrinkles around my eyes and the gray in my hair and you'll see where the time went!
So, my baby is a year old. Hmmm...kind of bittersweet.

No comments: